Updates To sp_PressureDetector: Crucial Wait Stats, More Consistent Column Arrangement, And More!

A Mother’s Guilt


GitHub had been making me feel guilty about taking some time off over the holidays to not monkey about with T-SQL, and since my brain finally seems to be working after a hectic travel schedule, I decided to tweak a few things in sp_PressureDetector.

Paris, Cali, Cabo, London

What’d I change? Great question! There’s a preview in yesterday’s post, but here’s the change log:

  • Formatting, of course
  • Clarify memory rollup column names
  • Add a section with wait stats overview for related cpu/memory/disk waits
  • Add query text column to memory grant results
  • Make query txt columns xml clickables
  • Rearranged columns for readability and consistency
  • Added a couple comments to clarify code intent
  • Add Max Server Memory to the total/available/granted line

You can learn more about how to use sp_PressureDetector here. Happy troubleshooting.

Thanks for reading!

Going Further


If this is the kind of SQL Server stuff you love learning about, you’ll love my training. I’m offering a 75% discount on to my blog readers if you click from here. I’m also available for consulting if you just don’t have time for that and need to solve performance problems quickly.



4 thoughts on “Updates To sp_PressureDetector: Crucial Wait Stats, More Consistent Column Arrangement, And More!

Comments are closed.