Updates To sp_PressureDetector

All Good Things


I haven’t run into a bug with this thing in just about… Well, ever. This proc has been pretty solid.

As I use it though, especially in front of clients, I find myself wanting some additional data points all in one place. With this release, I’ve added a few small things.

  1. Total physical memory in the server (not just max server memory)
  2. CPU details (NUMA nodes, schedulers; if they’re off line, etc.)
  3. A debug mode for the dynamic SQL

The CPU details column is an XML clickable that will look something like this:

<cpu_details>
  <offline_cpus>0</offline_cpus>
  <cpu_count>8</cpu_count>
  <hyperthread_ratio>8</hyperthread_ratio>
  <softnuma_configuration_desc>OFF</softnuma_configuration_desc>
  <socket_count>1</socket_count>
  <cores_per_socket>4</cores_per_socket>
  <socket_count>1</socket_count>
</cpu_details>

This is an example from my test VM. Please don’t think less of me.

You can find out more, and download the script over here.

Thanks for reading!

Going Further


If this is the kind of SQL Server stuff you love learning about, you’ll love my training. I’m offering a 75% discount on to my blog readers if you click from here. I’m also available for consulting if you just don’t have time for that and need to solve performance problems quickly.



3 thoughts on “Updates To sp_PressureDetector

Comments are closed.