If you’re starting from scratch with column store, here are some links that’ll help you get a better understanding of how they work, and what they’re good for, start here.
For some background information on column store indexes, see these:
- Columnstore indexes: Overview
- Columnstore indexes – Design guidance
- Columnstore indexes – Data loading guidance
- Columnstore indexes – Query performance
- Reorganize and rebuild indexes
For a detailed look at column store from Niko Neugebauer:
For scripts to help you analyze column store indexes:
Joe Obbish’s posts here:
Thanks for reading!
If this is the kind of SQL Server stuff you love learning about, you’ll love my training. I’m offering a 75% discount on to my blog readers if you click from here. I’m also available for consulting if you just don’t have time for that and need to solve performance problems quickly.