A Thing Of Things
- Added the ability to search query store wait stats for queries that generated a large amount of a specific wait category.
- Noticed a couple
TOPqueries were missing
DESCfor the ordering
- Increased length of
all_plan_idscolumn to max after someone said they hit a truncation error with a length of 1000
- Updated documentation to reflect more specific version support: 2016 SP2+, SQL Server 2017 CU3+, 2019+, and Probably Azure
- Added a parameter to skip getting execution plans when server is really hammered
- Added database name to memory query
- Added a missing isolation level set
- Increased decimal length for servers with larger amounts of memory
- Updated proc to format queries to suit current formatting memes I enjoy
- Organized the proc a little bit better, putting all the declared variables and temp table creation at the beginning
- Fixed some inevitable bugs that come with formatting and reorganizing really long stored procedures
- Cleaned up error handling
- Added a check for the signed query hash action; I found the proc failed on some earlier builds of 2014 and 2012
So uh, go get those. Use’em. Have fun.
Do a SQL.
Thanks for reading!
If this is the kind of SQL Server stuff you love learning about, you’ll love my training. I’m offering a 75% discount on to my blog readers if you click from here. I’m also available for consulting if you just don’t have time for that and need to solve performance problems quickly.