When people hear the words “parameter sniffing”, there’s almost a universally bad reaction. They lose their minds and start raving about how to “fix” it.
- Recompiling everything
- Using optimize for unknown hints
- Using local variables
- Clearing the plan cache
In today’s post, I’m gonna show you two videos from my paid training:
- Intro to parameter sniffing
- Parameter sniffing recap
Those explain why parameter sniffing is so tough to deal with, and why all the stuff up there in that list isn’t really the greatest idea.
There’s a whole bunch of stuff in between those two videos where I’ll teach you specifics about fixing parameter sniffing problems.
If that’s the content you’re after, hit the link at the very end of the post for 75% off my entire training catalog.
Intro To Parameter Sniffing
Parameter Sniffing Recap
Thanks for reading!
If this is the kind of SQL Server stuff you love learning about, you’ll love my training. I’m offering a 75% discount on to my blog readers if you click from here. I’m also available for consulting if you just don’t have time for that and need to solve performance problems quickly.
- Software Vendor Mistakes With SQL Server: Writing And Optimizing Paging Queries
- Software Vendor Mistakes With SQL Server: Handling Optional Parameters
- Software Vendor Mistakes With SQL Server: IF Branching In Stored Procedures
- Software Vendor Mistakes With SQL Server: Using Left Joins To Find Rows That Don’t Exist